CBA is a non-profit school offering structured, age-centered classes with live piano accompaniment. For new student placement, please call (773) 381-0000.
Please refer to specific class schedules for tuition costs per semester.
Non-refundable tuition is due on or before the first day of each semester.
1. Students and parents/guardians may not go to other floors in the ACERO Charter School building.
2. Vending machines are off limits to CBA students.
3. Children aged six and under may not be dropped off. A parent or responsible adult must be present at all times.
4. No dancer may wait outside the building after dark. We request that students be picked up promptly after class.
5. CBA personnel are not responsible for students after regular studio hours.
1. Be on time for class. Classes start promptly at the scheduled time. Students who arrive late may observe the class but will not be allowed to participate.
2. Class Attire: A neat, clean appearance in dress code is required for ballet class. Students must wear the approved colors for their program.
Girls: Plain leotard in the appropriate level color (see classes by level), pink tights, pink ballet slippers with elastic securely sewn.
Boys: Black tights or bike pants, with white close-fitting t-shirt, thin black or white socks and black ballet slippers.
3. Proper shoes must be worn for all classes.
4. No legwarmers. No skirts. No rubber pants or sweat pants.
5. Hair must be in a neat bun or worn up/back securely away from the face and neck. Students with short hair must wear a headband.
6. Jewelry must not be worn in class. Students are not permitted to wear hanging earrings. Fingernails must be of an acceptable length, as not to injure yourself or others.
7. Leave nothing, especially valuables or money, in the dressing room. Take everything into the class with you. Valuable property may be deposited in the office.
8. No unsupervised practicing is permitted.
9. Office phones are to be utilized for emergencies only.
10. Change of address: Students must report any change of address or telephone number to the office immediately.
11. Students are not permitted to smoke anywhere inside or in front of the building. Chicago Ballet Arts is a smoke-free facility.
12. Students are not allowed to use pianos, unless authorized by the office.
13. Parents are not permitted in the studios while class is in session unless permission is received from the director or teacher.
1. No chewing gum
2. All cell phones must be turned off during class.
3. Food and drinks are not permitted in the studios.
CBA reserves the right to dismiss any student for inappropriate behavior, poor attendance, and/or lack of discipline or progress.